To view these options related to previewing, printing, and emailing invoices and packing slips, select Forms from the Reports & Forms menu. Then select Invoices and Packing Slips. The Select a Report or Form window will open with the Forms list shown.
You can select a form so you can print sales invoices that have not been printed yet, or all invoices with blank invoice numbers. With this form type, you can also print packing slips.
Note: The default options that determine how invoices/packing slips are printed are located in Statement/Invoices Defaults.
- Select Forms from the Reports & Forms menu.
- Then select Invoices and Packing Slips.
- Select the invoice or packing slip form from the Forms list.
- Click Preview and Print located below the sample image of the form.
- The Preview and Print Invoices and Packing Slips screen will open. You can click Print/Email or Print Preview to print, email, or preview the form based on the default filter settings. However, if you want to change the filter selections, you may do so using the different tabs on the filter screen.
Make your filter selections and click the Print/Email button to print the form.
Note: Click Refresh Listafter opening the filter screen to see the information in the selection grid. Also, be sure to click Refresh List after making any filter selections to see the updated information in the grid. When you click Print/Email, forms will print based on the current filter selection criteria regardless of what you may have previously selected in the grid.
You can also print invoices from the Sales/Invoicing task screen. How do I print forms from task windows?
Select from the following predefined invoice and packing slip forms:
- Inv w/ Frght and BO Printed: Use with preprinted invoice forms to show quantities shipped and backordered. Use Sage 50 Form PCWLI40 for laser paper or PCWI40 for continuous paper.
- Invoice: Use with plain paper.
- Invoice Continuous: This can be printed on plain paper and prints faster than other plain-paper forms.
- Invoice w/Freight: Use with plain paper. Includes Freight.
- Invoice w/Freight & Backorder: Use with plain paper. Includes freight and backorders. This form will print slower than other forms.
- Invoice w/ Ship & Freight: Use with preprinted invoice forms that include ship-to address and freight. Use Sage 50 Form PCWLI40 for laser paper or PCWI40 for continuous paper.
- Invoice w/Ship to Preprinted: Use with preprinted invoice forms that include ship-to address. Use Sage 50 Form PWLI21 for laser paper or PWI21 for continuous paper.
- Invoice w/Freight Continuous: This can be printed on plain paper and prints faster than other plain-paper forms.
- Negative Invoice: Print negative invoices (credits) on this form. Form is ideal for laser printers. Print credits entered on the Credit Memos window on the Credit Memo forms.
- Negative Invoice Continuous: Print negative invoices (credits) on this form -- can be printed on plain paper. Print credits entered on the Credit Memos window on the Credit Memo forms.
- Packing Slip: Packing slip for use with plain paper.
- Service Invoice: Use with plain paper and Service Invoice entry screen.
- Service Invoice Preprinted: Use with preprinted invoice forms when only selling services, not inventory. Use Sage 50 Form PWLI22 for laser paper or PWI22 for continuous paper.
- Service Invoice w/ Item Detail: Prints on plain paper. No ship-to address or ship-via fields.
On the Print/Email tab, you can select the criteria you want to use to print (or email) the form and use the filter options to refine the results in the selection grid.
Refresh List: Click to refresh the selection grid. You must click this button after opening the filter screen or making any changes to the filter selections to see the correct information in the grid.
Selection Grid: This grid shows all of the invoices that meet the filter selection criteria. Select the invoices that you want to print from the grid. All of the invoices are selected by default. You can manually select and deselect the invoices in the grid. You can also use the All and None links above the grid to select all of the invoices or deselect all of the invoices in the grid. You can change the sort order of the invoices by clicking on the heading of the column that you want to use to sort the invoices. The grid may contain links in the Amount or Number fields. If so, you can click on the links to open the actual invoices.
If you want to allow your customers to pay you online when you send them an invoice through email, you can sign up for Invoice PaymentsInvoice Payments. See Options available only for Emailing a Form.
Invoices to print/email:
Unprinted Invoices: Select this option if you want to print invoices that have not been printed yet.
through: This date selection only appears when you have selected to print unprinted invoices. Unprinted invoices with dates later than the date entered here will not print.
Number the first invoice: Enter the invoice number to start with when printing unprinted invoices.
Printed Invoices: Select this option if you want to print invoices that have been printed before. If you use this option, you must specify if you want to select a range of invoice numbers to print or print all invoices that have been printed before.
Reprint: Select to print a range of invoices or to print all invoices that have been printed before. If you have selected to print a range of invoices, you will need to enter the first and last invoice number of the range that you want to reprint. If you only want to print one invoice, select to print a range of invoices and then enter that invoice number as both the first and last invoice numbers of the range.
Use this form: Select the form you want to print.
Customize this form: Select this link if you want to customize the selected form. The form will open in the Forms Design window.
Summarize progress billing invoices by job: Select this option if you want to summarize the line items by job on progress billing invoices. (Sage 50 Quantum Accounting)
Filter customers by: This allows you to further specify the invoices that you want to print.
Customer ID: If you want to print invoices for a particular customer or range of customers, enter the customer IDs here. If you want to filter for one customer, enter that customer's ID in both ID boxes. Leave this filter selection blank if you do not want to filter by customer ID.
Type: If you want to print invoices for a particular customer type or a range of customer types, select Range and then enter the customer types in the From and To boxes. If you want to filter for one type of customer, enter that type in both the From and To boxes. Customer types are specified for each customer on the Maintain Customers window. Select All if you do not want to filter by customer type.
Delivery Method: This filter option allows you to select invoices to print based on the customer's form delivery method. You can choose print only, email only, or both print and email. Delivery methods are specified for each customer on the Sales Info tab of the Maintain Customers window.
Include invoices and packing slips with a drop shipment: Select this option if you want to print drop shipment invoices.
Select the Print Setup tab to assign the default printer for this form and set the page margins. The file name for the form is also shown on this tab. There is an Align button that you can click if you need to adjust the alignment of the form. Tell me more about print setup.