You can choose to copy specific setup information from the selected Sage 50 company. This option is useful if you have already set up a company and want to save time entering default information.
- Start Create a New Company, and make sure the Copy settings from an existing Sage 50 company chart of account option is selected and you have chosen an existing company to copy.
Select each company setting you want to copy to your new company.
If you don't choose to copy the information, you can set up new information by selecting menu options from the Maintain menu.
If you are rebuilding a company, you should select each option.
- Chart of Accounts: This copies account IDs, descriptions, budget information, and account types from the selected company. If you choose not to copy a chart of accounts, it is strongly recommended that you set up the required retained earnings account immediately following New Company Setup.
- Accounting Periods: This copies the number and dates of accounting periods from the selected company.
- Statement and Report Formats: This copies all customized financial statements that were designed in the selected company.
- General Ledger Defaults: This copies General Ledger default information entered in the selected company.
- Customer Defaults: This copies customer and statement/invoice default information entered in the selected company.
- Vendor Defaults: This copies vendor default information entered in the selected company.
- Employee Defaults: This copies employee default information entered in the selected company, including payroll setup and company payroll tax formulas. This option is not selected by default since most companies have a unique payroll setup. However, if you are rebuilding your company, make sure to select this option.
- Inventory Item Defaults: This copies inventory item default information entered in the selected company.
- Job Defaults: This copies job default information entered in the selected company.