When you display a report, there are a number of ways that you can customize the look and contents to suit your needs, directly from the report viewer. Some of the controls in the report viewer provide quick access to options that allow you to modify your reports. Others allow you to change the way the report looks right in the window.
Here is a list of the options available on the viewer's toolbar:
- Print. Prints the report using the default settings or the custom settings you selected
- Print Preview. Allows you to see what a report will look like before you print (not available for all reports - see list below).
- Change Print Settings. Allows you to change the default print settings for all reports.
- Export. Allows you to export the report to a variety of different file formats.
- Open in Excel. Allows you to open the report in a Microsoft Excel® spreadsheet.
- Modify. Opens the Modify Report window so that you can customize the report.
- Refresh. Updates the data in the report. This is particularly useful if there are multiple users working on your company file at one time.
Change the Presentation of Reports
You can change the presentation of your reports as follows:
- Sort the results in a report by a particular column in ascending or descending order. If you have set up a multi-column sort order for the report, clicking on the header will clear your multi-column options and sort the results by the single column.
- Change the order in which the columns appear in the report, by dragging headers to the left and right.
- Change the width of the columns as follows:
- Manually drag the edges of the headers until you have the desired width.
- Double-click the edge to the right of a header so that the width automatically fits the contents.
- Add or remove columns from the report by right-clicking a header and selecting a column from the list.
- Show or hide the accounts in groups and subgroups on your standard and comparative Income Statement and Balance Sheet reports.
(Sage 50 Premium Accounting)
If you are looking for a specific customer, dollar amount, source number, or other information in a report, you can quickly locate the information by opening the Find box from the Options menu.