There two ways that you can customize the sort order of a report's results:
If a report's Modify Report window does not have a Sort Report option, the report cannot be sorted.
- Open the Modify Report window for the report you want to sort.
- Click Sort Report on the left side of the window.
- Select Custom sort order. You can sort the report by a maximum of four columns.
- Select the Sort by options from the list.
- (Optional) Click the sort button to switch between ascending and descending order:
To clear (empty) a sort box, select the blank entry at the top of the list.
- When the sort button looks like this, your report is sorted in ascending order, from A to Z. Numbers appear before letters, ordered from 0 to 9.
- When the sort button looks like this, your report is sorted in descending order, from Z to A. Numbers appear after letters, ordered from 9 to 0.
Sorting a report in the report viewer clears any multi-column sorting you have done in the Modify window.
- Click on the header of the column that you want to sort the results by (for example, Total).
- (Optional) Click on the header again to switch between ascending and descending order.
- (Optional) Click the header a third time to return to the report's original sort order.