Available in Sage 50 Quantum Accounting and higher.
The Inventory & Vendors window displays your company's inventory or vendors. If you access this window from the Inventory & Services Record window, only the selected inventory is listed along with the associated vendor(s). If accessing from the Vendor Records window, only the selected vendor and their respective inventory is listed. You can also open this window through the Maintenance menu in the Home window.
When a purchase order is created for a new vendor or new inventory item, the vendor or inventory item is automatically available in the Inventory & Services window.
Note: If any vendor records are merged, any association in the Inventory & Vendors window will be updated automatically.
- Create associations between inventory items and vendors. When viewing by inventory, assign a vendor in the Vendor column. When viewing by vendor, assign inventory items to this vendor in the Item column.
- Define a preferred vendor for an inventory item. At a glance you can now see from which vendor you prefer to purchase certain inventory items. Click in the Preferred Vendor column to create a checkmark beside a vendor's name.
- Create vendor item numbers and descriptions. In the Vendor Item Information columns, enter the vendor's own Item No. and Description for a specific inventory item. The vendor's unit of measure can also be indicated in the Vendor Unit column.
- Define an effective date for pricing. You can enter a price as well as an effective date in their respective columns in Vendor Item Information.
- Enter historical information for inventory items and services. When you create a new company and are working in history mode, you can enter the Last Purchase Information, such as Quantity, Price, and Date, for an item or service. Once you exit history mode, these fields can no longer be edited.
- Create vendors and inventory items on the fly. You can quickly access both the Vendor Records and Inventory and Services Records windows to create new items and vendors without needing to close the Inventory & Vendors window.
Note: Whenever you make changes in the Inventory & Vendors window, click OK to save the changes.
Click View by Vendor or View by Inventory.
- First click View by Vendor or View by Inventory.
- Then in the Show box, select either Show All Inventory or Show All Vendors.
Note: Depending on the number of associations between your inventory and vendors in your company data, viewing all inventory or vendors may take time.
Open the Edit menu and select Insert Line to add an association. If you are viewing by inventory, you need to associate an item to a vendor or vendors. If viewing by vendor, you need to associate a vendor to an inventory item or items.
- Click in the association (line) that you want to remove.
- Open the Edit menu and select Remove Line.
Add information in the Item No., Description, Price, and Effective Date fields.
- Double-click in the Vendor Unit field or click the magnifying glass icon to open the Unit Conversion dialog box.
- Select either a predefined unit of measure or create a Custom Vendor Unit. If you select Custom Vendor Unit, the other options are enabled.
- Type the custom buying unit name.
- Define the relationship between the custom unit and the stocking unit. The stocking unit comes from the Units tab of the Inventory & Service Record.
- Click OK.